It's nice to have a day with pictures that show progress! I mentioned a couple days that I made a motif that curled outrageously. That gave me an idea, since it was a pincushion pattern from Tatting for Today... why don't I actually try to make a pincushion? So first I did some creative "blocking," if it can be called that.
|I tried making my chains loose because I usually have a problem with tatting them super tight and the pattern not working. Apparently whomever came up with this pattern actually tatted tightly like me. Bah on trying to change my tatting habits, then!|
|I cut up some old linen napkins I had from antiquing, sewed them...stuffed them with random stuff aptly labeled by my meticulous hilarious mother...|
|and voila! Not done, but close. I got distracted. Here, take a look.|
|Here was a random motif I had no idea what to do with, so I sewed it on my first trial pincushion.|
|Then I got a little more creative and remembered I had another curling motif stored away. And instead of sewing this one on,|
|I decided to try tatting on a backing. It kindof worked, although it definitely looks like an amateur project. I think I will sew sequins or something around the midsection to make it look flat and more completed.|
Okay, enough about yesterday. I need to get moving on laundry, making strawberry jam, and cleaning today. Hopefully I'll have something new to show tomorrow!