Monday, October 3, 2011

Transitions

To all of you who comment on people's blogs, and mine, thank you. You make me feel like a wonderful person and give me the encouragement I need to keep blogging even when life is topsy turvy. I know I am slightly whiny, but I suppose that's normal for me when nothing in my life is certain. Okay, enough complaining. On to the to-do list.

Last week was pretty non-productive tatting wise. I have the next motif in my 25-motif challenge, number 16.

This is another of Lynn Morton's patterns, a lovely tatted choker. It has split rings down the center, which I always enjoy. It's a rather thick pattern, though, which I could make smaller by changing the thread size from 20 to 80... I was just trying to use up the lavender ONT. I keep trying to work my way through things so that I can actually buy myself some new thread. It doesn't seem like a good idea yet, since I still have 2 Rubbermaid wrapping containers full of tatting thread. Yes, it's a bit excessive. It'll take me years before I can buy new thread guilt-free, I think.

Meanwhile, I almost finished my apples. 130 quarts and counting. I'm almost out of jars for the season, however, because the grapes were so prolific and I still have salsa. Heh. I kind of like it. I'm thinking of using the free apples I get from a friend this year and simply asking if anyone has jars they want me to fill. Maybe charge a pittance like $1 or something a quart. Might make it worth my time, anyway.

Exciting afternoon (not really) of paperwork and maybe Bible study. More paperwork tonight! Yay. We'll see if there's room in there somewhere for tatting. :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know... I think we all might have the neck for it, as long as our skin flaps stay in check, it just seems a bit intimidating. I think I'm going to take a picture of me wearing it, just because I haven't worn it at all yet. And we shouldn't be afraid of wearing our tatting!! (Right...? Haha).

    ReplyDelete